(Random winter photos from previous years)
I’ve been planning to write this post for a while now, but the winter just didn’t felt right without snow. And so this weekend our beautiful town finally turned in to snowy fairy tale. So the proper winter feeling is finally here and I want to share top 10 things I love about winter with you.
1. Snow- I think many people hate the snow, and I agree that it brings some trouble to everyday life. But how can you hate something that turns everything around you in such magic? This weekend I was happy like a little kid, and it didn’t bother me at all that my shoes got all wet and I was freezing!
2. Sitting in front of fire place- Probably something I did most of the time during this holidays. I just pass the fireplace, think to myself it’s so cozy let me just sit her for a minute, or five. And this minute or five usually turns in to hour or two. It’s so perfect when I bring the book with me, but to be honest most of the time I’m just on my phone scrolling to numerous instagram feeds.
3. Holidays- I could write a whole post about this but, they came, they were awesome, and now we have to wait the whole year until the next holiday season.
4. Christmas markets- nothing better than wandering around Christmas village with a cup of delicious mulled wine in your hand.
5. Skiing- I’m a big fan of skiing. When I was younger skiing was considered lame among my school mates, and all the cool kids were riding on their snowboards, so of course I switched too. But for the past few years, I almost never go snowboarding, because skiing is so much better for me! Last year I spent most of my days teaching little kids to ski, hope the season this year starts soon!
6. Scarves and hats- What a better way to beat the cold than putting on a cut hat and scarf. Oh, this is the perfect place to mention that I bought my dream scarf today! I was dreaming about it for so long, and today tadaaam I bumped in to it!
7. Ice skating- I don’t do it so often, but what is more romantic than ice skating in a beautiful scenery. This year we have such a gorgeous ice skate ring, overlooking the Bled lake! I have to visit it soon!
8. Cozy sweaters– I wish I owned a big closet of winter sweaters. One of the best things in the world.
9. Making snowman- Hope I will get the chance to make one this weekend. I can be such a kid sometimes, but I think there’s nothing wrong with that!
10. Long walks- Long walks in the snowy nature, and them returning to a warm home, make hot cocoa and relax. I have to put a lot of this on my to do list this year 🙂
What do you love about winter the most? Let me know in comments!